Friday, April 13, 2012

The Climate Ride Chronicles: Fundraising!

Hello Everyone and TGIF!

I am a short five weeks away from my big bike adventure and am getting
more and more excited as I feel more ready; I'll give an update on
training soon (50 miles yesterday with my friend Beto, wind and hills
to boot!), but first I'd like to give you an update on the fundraising
piece.

My goal for fundraising is $2400. This money is going to fund some
really cool bike advocacy non-profits as well as non-profits dedicated
to raising awareness about and helping to mend our climate. One of my
favorite non-profits that this ride is supporting is Rails to Trails.
This DC based organization's mission is to create a nationwide network
of trails from former rail lines and connecting corridors to build
healthier places for healthier people. For my local DC folks, the W&OD
is one fine example of their work, but there are many many more rails
to trails projects around the country.

Because of your generosity to date, we have raised $1,390, which is
58% of the goal. I just got a phone call that Founding Farmers, my
FAVORITE restaurant in DC has agreed to pledge $50 and I am so
thrilled. Thank you to Founding Farmers!!

http://www.wearefoundingfarmers.com/

If you are interested in making a contribution to help reach my
fundraising goal, now is the time! The deadline for my fundraising is
May 9th, but I'll bet with you help we'll close the gap before the
then!

To make a pledge, please use the link under the bike at the end of the
email. All donations made to support my fundraising are fully
tax-deductible. All donors will receive an e-tax receipt via email as
record of their donation.

Thank you, thank you and thank you,

Holly

        __o
       _ `\ <, _

...... ( • ) /  ( • )

My Climate Ride: http://tiny.cc/obbjn

No comments:

Post a Comment