Sunday, April 8, 2012

Big Bike Adventure! I've registered

From my trip to Belgium in March, 2011
It is official! I registered for a huge adventure to ride my bicycle
from NY to DC in May to raise awareness about climate change to to
raise funds for some really cool (local) green organizations. Some of
the organizations are related to climate change and some are related
to bicycle advocacy; both are near and dear to my heart.

I am very excited for this trip and would appreciate any help you're
able to give. No gift is too big or too small. I'll keep you posted
about training and preparation; I bought my new road bike on Thursday
and took her out for her debut ride today and it was glorious and so
her name is Gloria! I am so FAST on this light bike! I think I was
grinning so much today that it is a wonder that I didn't get bugs in
my teeth!

I think that this trip will also give me the opportunity to meet some
great new friends, both during the ride and in preparations too! I am
signing up for several group rides over the next few weekends and am
looking forward to this wonderful weather we're having.

My Climate Ride: http://tiny.cc/obbjn

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment